- Best of 2011
- Charity Events
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Orange County, CA
- Radio Interviews
- Top Chef TV Show
- Video Interviews
Il y a quelques jours je suis partie déjeûner au salon de thé de Michèle La Porta, Thé Cool, situé sur une charmante place du 16ème arrondissement de Paris. Connaissant la maison, j’avais prévu mon menu: un jus de fruit frais (carotte/orange), une quiche à l’ancienne (courgettes, tomates, fromage), un thé, of course, (lapsang souchong), et bien sûr une part de la fameuse Starlette Cake™. Et la part je la voulais grosse; un délicieux gâteau qui ne fait pas grossir, pourquoi me priver?
There are many and various ways to indulge yourself with caviar at Petrossian Boutique & Restaurant in West Hollywood, CA:
– caviar from six species of farm-raised sturgeon are offered from different origins like the U.S., Bulgaria, Israel, and even China. Caviar from Russia and Iran is now history. It starts at $59 for 30g of classic transmontanus to $1,185 for 125g of top-of-the-line kaluga;
– caviar powder, made from 100% transmontanus. Itwill definitively add a chic taste to your scrambled eggs;
– caviar Papierusse ® which are caviar sheets also made from 100%transmontanus;
– caviar classes, starting at $35 to $125(excluding tax and gratuity), where you will learn the difference between transmontanus, ossetra, shassetra, kaluga…;
– dining at the restaurant where I will be heading next week. More to come!
Last night, I baked a Galette des Rois for the first time, after I finally got the recipe from a friend girl of my son. The Galette des Rois is traditional French cake served on Epiphany day, January 6th, (sorry, I was one day late). It is made of puffed pastry, and mine had a frangipane filling. A small “fève” is hidden inside. Whoever gets it is crowned the queen or the king, and then has to choose her/his mate.
Since the recipe is not mine, I can’t give it away, but you can go on GAYOT.com Recipe section to inspire yourself to cook.